Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Frivolous Lipstick Log

My lips aren't sealed. I followed the word of Elisabeth Moss all the way to the Barneys beauty counter.
Please scroll to bottom for running lipwear $ubtotal, not counting sales tax.

FRIDAY, APRIL 11, 2014:
  • Koh Gen Do "Cinema Quality" Lipstick in Pink Rose, $39, and Lip Gloss in Blush Pink, $25. Made in Japan. Walked 17,000 steps on Friday per my fitbit tracker, including from Dr. B's office to the Port Authority with many stops to browse, etc. Hit Barneys on Madison Avenue because of a Barneys email April 6 titled Mad Men's Golden Girl: Shop Elisabeth Moss' Influencer Picks Now. Quoted the actress who plays Peggy saying, "Obsessed with anything Koh Gen Do and this is the best foundation in the world. Completely addicted." So I got the moisturizing foundation in a tube--not Peggy's beloved bottle, which is too much of an application commitment for me--and then the lip color and gloss too......it was a big investment and I don't plan to make many more big makeup buys any time soon, whether Peggy loves them or not. The word at the Barneys counter, though, was that the "Mad Men" cast loves the line because of the polished cinema finish even on high-definition screens that show every little line.....we'll see how it looks on a Plain Jane like me. 
TUESDAY, MARCH 18, 2014:
  • Sephora+Pantone Universe Lipstick in Radiant Orchid [Pantone's color of the year] @ JCPenney in Manhattan Mall, NYC; $18 + tax. Pantone predicts trends so this is of-the-minute. Also has nice vanilla scent. I used to think JCPenney beneath me, but they have a Sephora within the store, so that changed my mind [so did many fashionable JCP TV commercials during the 2014 Oscars broadcast--made me want to venture in].
LIPSTICK LOG STARTING MONDAY, FEBRUARY 24, 2014:
  • Estée Lauder Signature Lipstick in Dune Rose @ Town and Country Pharmacy, Ridgewood, NJ; $22.50 + tax.
Running subtotal before tax: $104.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment