Sunday, September 21, 2014
I had a tiring day with Punch. We biked to Mass and back. She didn't behave so well at church. Then she played some soccer with her friends and then she and I walked into town with Sug, about 30 min each way. Ate outside at pizza place. Then playground before walking home. Then WE BOTH HIT THE BOTTLE of Neutrogena Rainbath in new pear and green tea scent. Intoxicating, clean, luxurious and under $8--also a gorgeous green color. Once she drifted off to sleep, it was my turn to turn the faucet to hot and let it pour.
Good night. [Photo of tree on way to town.]
1. At least one prayer at church.
2. Walked home with doggy bag [chicken parm] from pizza place.
3. All that exercise.
4. That beautiful bath.
Saturday, September 20, 2014
It's been 13 years since we've had a first grader [Figgy] in the house. My, how things have changed. Maybe it's bc Fig didn't want to play soccer. For Punch's first game today, I was asked to bring a healthy snack, like fruit or crackers. Hence, 14 Honeycrisp apples coming up. I made sure to wash them all. Resisted urge to dunk in caramel and swirl with chocolate.; Have you noticed this change too? What's next, celery on Halloween?
Friday, September 19, 2014
But the effort to change--to push away boulders with all your might, to feel rough feelings without crumbling inside--takes a lot of energy and so does parenting the first grader. Fortunately, we're both drifting to sleep smelling like a floral bubble bath [mine at 12:45 p.m., hers at 8:30 p.m.].
To make a long story short, I've been going to bed, exhausted, by 10:15 or 10:30 every night, rather than stay up and do long blog posts. But that's about to change--I want [once again] to reorganize my office and my life.
Thursday, September 18, 2014
Doing my best to be healthier day by day by day. Good night.
1. 7 a.m. support group.
2. Healthy bkfast and lunch.
3. Swapped out iced coffee with half and half for home-brewed ginger peach iced tea.
4. Good dental care.
5. Important reading.
6. Biked to town for groceries.
7. Made new recipe from Good Housekeeping October issue--chicken with white wine and mushrooms, polenta and spinach on the side. Family pleaser [sans chicken for H.].
Wednesday, September 17, 2014
Nighttime tantrums are hard. Understatement of the year.
1. Boot camp on pretty day.
2. H. had car in city for work, so Punch and I biked to her first soccer practice.
3. Ate some Honeycrisp apple with her and loved it.
4. Planned to eat right today, which helped.
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Today I saw a smart, stylish younger friend of mine--she started at Good Housekeeping after I did. A group of us were very friendly. Now we are all moms and living in different places, not dashing out for a pad thai lunch on payday and then returning to our desks.
Eileen is a talented writer [Philadelphia Inquirer] and lovely person. Princeton was midway between us, so we met there for lunch.
So grateful to reconnect. We don't think we've seen each other since her wedding--and she has three sweet children now.
I'd like to write more--about orange Princeton pillows in a gift shop, students walking on campus, the smell of fresh bread in a bakery on Witherspoon Street, professors shopping in the Kate Spade store. But as is my nightly statement lately--I'm too tired. I hope to boost my energy level soon by eating a healthier diet. Good night to you.
- Reconnecting with an old friend!!
- Driving to and from Princeton, enjoyed singing along to our old "The Lion King" CD from when Figgy was little. We unearthed it for Punch. But I love a lot of the songs on it, and singing feeds my soul. Even though I cannot hold a tune!!! I was alone in the car, so...
Monday, September 15, 2014
Forgot to post one of my favorite Stone Pony sightings--Punchy adoring Figgy while Figgy took a video of Nick, Caroline, Sebastian and Marc playing. A bit hard to see but you get the picture. Also, not trying to paint a fake portrait. These two girls swing from loving to fighting on a moment's notice, usually provoked by Punchy.