- After again helping for 2.5 hours at Punchy's school library*, went to nearby Church Street to have lunch and work on laptop until I left about 3:15 to drop off Punchy Rx slips, scoop her from bus and take her to weekly appointment. Panini at excellent Italian Cafe Giotto with tax and tip, $15.
- Parking deck for 3 hours [meters have 2-hour limit] $6.
- Java Love large decaf coffee and slender biscotti w tax and tip, $5.76.
- CVS, to drop off Rxs. Had $6 off coupon, got Punchy As Seen on TV Snuggie Mermaid Tail blanket [half price, so $9.99]; blueberry hemp snacks for Fig; and 4-pack of protein & oats Fairlife drinks for Punch. $16.95.
- Punch and I had Japanese dinner out w Anne and her daughter Nikki. #friends #girlpower #sushi #bentobox We paid cash to save 10 percent. Our part with tip, $54.
- Big screw-up: Knowingly parked in a permit-only spot behind restaurant, because didn’t think they check in evening. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t, depending on lot. Ticket on windshield. Basically threw away $35 that I will pay online. Could have parked at meter or for free. Not happy about this.
*The school is just for 3rd/4th/5th graders but the library is big [and I think there are 9 fifth grade classes]. So many great books and a caring librarian/literacy specialist. I like the retro parts, like taping call numbers on book spines, Dewey Decimal System for shelving nonfiction, an ink pad and stamper to mark due dates, and big bottles of Elmer’s Glue to paste card pockets inside back covers.
P.S. Still feeling uneasy. Mom antennae up. Plus, other sadness in house. Did apply for job, trying to keep up w that. Wish life were all smooth but it surely has its worries and pitfalls.