Heading in a healthy direction. Good night to you.
Monday, November 20, 2017
Trying to keep things less stressful than other years. We will have eight at our table. I did dust the sideboard today and decide on my 3 pies, I think. [I’m allowing myself to have pie on Thanksgiving.] And Dan got the turkey and a lot of the other stuff. Our big [23 -lb] bird was free at ShopRite because we met the $400 spending bar set starting October 15. For decades, Dad loved earning those “free” ShopRite turkeys and Sis does, too, at the ShopRite in Stamford. I miss you, Dad. Good night.
Sunday, November 19, 2017
I’ve missed Sunday Mass for a few weeks and it felt good to be back. I went without Punch today; she has been pretty mean to me lately, and disrespectful, and I needed some time and space to pray alone. /There’s a new wrinkle/bump in her family of origin. I can’t go into it here but it will be hard for her. /She takes out her anger on me. Often reminds me that I am not her mother. Tries to hurt my feelings in that and other ways./ But this is what we have. Her mom didn’t give up maternal rights; Dan and I are Punchy’s legal guardians. The Powers to Be in the state believe children do better when they live with their biological parents and in this case, said it was in Punch’s best interest to be in touch with her mom.//No comment here on how that’s been working out.//But here is what I liked about church:
- Noticing the priest’s voice, his hands raised in prayer, his Thanksgiving greeting at the end of Mass.
- Seeing Jessica and Ben and their two cute little boys, and talking after Mass.
- Seeing Lisa and Tor and their girls, Mary P. and parish regulars, including the blonde woman who is always well-dressed and the young mom and her preteen? daughter who seem very sweet and almost like sisters.
- Hearing about upcoming events: Christmas Corners and advent wreath making.
Good night to you.
Saturday, November 18, 2017
- Saturday morning support group. There is peace, wisdom, truth, hope and strength there.
- Nice cup of Red House Roasters coffee from Little Daisy Bake Shop. Felt indulgent.
- Butternut squash soup and a little homemade cornbread.
- Pretty candlelight.
- Ice water.
- Green salad.
- Salted almonds.
- No sweets except a Munchkin. I totally forgot. They were passing around a box after two hours of soccer games in the cold, wet field and it was an instinct learned over a lifetime. But then I remembered. And I stopped.
Thursday, November 16, 2017
Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Sleep well, Sugar. See you tomorrow! Hope you didn’t mind your beauty parlor visit today—at the Grooming Gallery. I don’t have a foto here, but you emerged with a jaunty little bow, fluffy hairdo and pretty perfumed scent. Lovely lady. Thankful for you.