Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Pat on the Back

Just gave myself a pat on the back for working so hard and meeting a difficult deadline.

All day long, I was looking forward to blogging. I wanted to write about Wednesday's Samsung press event at Time Warner Center. I love to report details. Now I have to wait till tomorrow, because if I stay up now, I'll really be dragging at boot camp in the morning. And I already drag behind those athletes. They are like Energizer Bunnies, or jackrabbits.

This blog has reminded me that I love writing, just writing. Letting it flow, letting it go. Putting thoughts down, transferring them from mind to screen. I couldn't wait to get to my blog report today--more than chocolate cake, more than any brownie.

But all day long, I had to do other things. Interview after interview for article. Wanted to walk in Anderson Park, brought my sneakers in totebag, but instead had to sit in car and balance notebook on steering wheel and write down what nice California chef named Billy had to say about bargain food shopping. Then about what nice California coupon blogger had to say about the same subject. Then to interview cranky source. Who needs that?

Also had to gather thick stack--insurer's estimate, contractor's estimate, on and on--and bring to Bank of America with very big insurance check. It is on its merry way to be placed in an escrow account at Wells Fargo, our mortgage holder. But it will probably take about one month, and the contractor needs to get started.

H. made nice turkey taco dinner and we ate out on our terrace, trees blowing in wind.

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment