Search This Blog

Friday, July 16, 2010

All Signs Point to Happy Memories

So I changed my appointment for the tour of the lovely house on the Navesink River from noon to 1 P.M., in order to bake and take the birthday cake with Figgy. But then I ran even later than that, and got a little stumped on directions.

Seems there is a Middletown in three NJ counties--Morris, Monmouth and Cape May. I didn't have the zip code. And to complicate matters, the house I was going to has its postal address in Locust. I got a bit confused with MapQuest. But then I remembered that the gracious homeowner had given me directions over the phone, and I had scribbled them down.

I still managed to make a wrong turn, so pulled over to study my notes again.

Glanced up at the street sign: Punch Lane. [Punch is the code name I use here for the little fireball to protect her privacy....but just picture a flowery name like Carolina, Rebecca or Rosa. Punch's name also ends in a.] A good omen. A very good omen, indeed. I was at the house in minutes. A tiny, chubby, mirthful angel was looking over my shoulder, I just know it.

Just called her and her Mommy, too, to say I was sorry we accidentally kept the sparkly Dora sandals she wore every day this week. She pulled them off in the car and H. forgot them when he lifted her out in the dark of night.

Mother and daughter sounded good, and happy, and that makes me happy. Punch just had her bath. She asked when she'd see me again.

Good night, ladies--big and small.

No comments:

Post a Comment