Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rubbing Elbows with Oprah--Well, Almost

My neighbors do not just offer me hot tea or take in our mail when we're away. They also had two adorable babies--one a lovely young girl now, the other a darling mop-top boy of 2 who brightens my days. Oh, and they had this baby, too--the Herb-Savor, which took a bow on Oprah's show.
One thing I love about our Montclair block is the fun mix of people. Take my next-door neighbors, Dean and Julie, for example. They've dreamt up amazing, award-winning kitchen gadgets that have gotten great press, and now the big news is that their Prepara Herb-Savor [$29.95] was on "Oprah's Ultimate Favorite Things 2010" show on Monday, November 22, along with Oprah's other picks, from a cashmere sweater to popcorn.

Our TV service wasn't hooked up yet, so I was lucky enough to watch the show with Patsy and her sweet daughter, M., Sug by my side on the comfy leather chair.

Here's the YouTube link to Oprah unveiling Prepara's present perfect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhsI-0C-VZY. Prepara products are sold in many top retail stores including Williams-Sonoma, Bloomingdale's and Macy's, and also on prepara.com.

Like I said, I rub elbows with the fun and the famous here. I also see them when dragging our trash cans or recycling bins out to the curb. Julie is the good lady who came over moments after the tree fell, too, to help us haul out our special belongings, in the pouring rain.

Congratulations, Dean and Julie! Good night. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I watched that show and I thought that was a pretty nifty gadget, too. Who knew it was invented by your neighbors?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin....I know, it is pretty nifty. i can't wait to see you! love alice

    ReplyDelete