Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly


Good
  1. How my purple and yellow pansy basket looks out front after those rich drinks of rain.
  2. Figgy went to the junior prom with a group of friends tonight! She got an updo and wore a sparkly silver dress and nude patent high-heeled pumps and real pearl post earrings that Sis and Don gave her years ago. She looked pretty but most of all, she seemed happy. I hope to post photos soon.....famous last words...I am glad she is blessed with good, nice friends. Seeing the young men and young women dressed in their best was touching.
  3. New hope and love in my life--I think it was there, I just didn't see it.
  4. Sis and Don drove over all the way from Connecticut to see Figgy go to the prom! That felt really special. We all took pictures with Fig and then with Figgy and her friend Olivia. Then H. and I went out to dinner with Sis and Don on Church Street. [Moey wanted to drive over too, but the traffic and timing didn't work out.] I'm glad Figgy has people who love her so much. Those are true riches.
  5. The pink, yellow and peach roses on our rosebushes and the sunflowers stalks that are growing, growing, growing.
  6. Work--irons in the fire, and current assignments.
  7. Going to the shore for one overnight this weekend!!!!!!!!
Bad 
  1. I run as slow as molasses and am doing a five-mile run on Saturday morning. That makes me kind of nervous but truth be told, I know I will have fun anyway, and I'm sure there has to be someone who will be as slow as or slower than me. So that's only half-bad.
Ugly
  1. The grueling activity Patsy had us do at boot camp today. I swear she sits up all night plotting how to torture us. [She knows I love her despite it all.] You run up the stadium steps once to warm up, then do this set as many times as possible in 25 minutes: 3 runs up the steps, 1 right shuffle up steps, 1 left shuffle up steps, 8 push-ups on bar, 8 dips on bar, 10 shoulder presses with weights, 10 ball slams, 1 [quarter-mile] lap around the track.  It was ugly and I was sweaty, and my sweat pants were rolled up to my knees b/c it was so hot, but I am proud to say I did that whole set 3 times. To put that in context, my friend Heidi did the set 5 times and Diane did 6. Do you now see the caliber of fitness goddess I run with?
Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp!
  2. Walked Puff around the block once.
  3. Sis and I shared a pasta dish instead of ordering two.

3 comments:

  1. Aww. Prom season. I remember it well. Arguments with L. in the dress store, squeezing in the hair appointment after school, group pictures at the house. But it was fun. I hope Figgy had a wonderful time.... and please post photos! I want to see the dress.

    And the 5 mile run - wow, that's impressive no matter how long it takes. Is it for a particular cause?
    Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin.....I bet L. had great fashion style.....please send her my best...the five-mile run is just the Spring Lake fun [if you can call it that] run and you just pay an entry fee, money goes to the town. i hope to report back that i survived it ;)
    love alice xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete