Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Article Archive: Check My New Pieces in HGTV and Asp1re Magazines

I wrote the "When was the last time you cleaned..." column in this current issue.
Tired and must go to sleep. Writing a story for Asp1re Magazine [August issue] about an estate in Saddle River, NJ selling for $7,495,000. It was fun to write. The kitchen was so gorgeous. Two stoves, two dishwashers, stunning floor and countertops, amazing cabinets. And a really stylish little space called Sitting Room No. 5, designed by Vanessa DeLeon Associates. The walls were quilted black patent leather, with pearls hanging on them. Very Coco Chanel. So clever.

Don't look now, but my sink is full of dirty dishes and the floor has scuff marks from Fig's black shoes. Oh well, I do have a pretty red geranium in a cherry-painted flowerpot on the kitchen table, and that makes me happy.

The May/June issue of Asp1re is out now and I wrote the cover story, on page 45. Here is the link to the virtual issue. Good night.

TCOY
  1. Walked Fluff around block once.
  2. Took nap.
  3. Watched "Mad Men" episode.
  4. Private Benjamin, family.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Al. You know how much I love that magazine (as well as your writing) so thanks for posting the link. I also recently caught a nice, lengthy piece on the WeightWatchers website that you did on Miami. I don't remember reading that one before (but I do remember the Disney one) and I enjoyed it. Hope all is well in the north :) Love, Lin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look for HGTV mag next time I am out. L

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lin...thank you as always for caring and being supportive. I think that when I am 99, if I am ever 99, I will still, as a writer, love to hear people say they like something, you know? That's assuming I can still write and think at 99. But I hope so. love, alice xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You will so write and think when you are 99. I'll be 106. I'll still read your blog. Love, Lin

    ReplyDelete