Search This Blog

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Strong Suit

Me, Patsy, Cathy, Rebecca, Lisa, Lori, Barb and Michael*.

Check out the company I run with. That's our Montclair boot camp leader, Patsy, and others who did the Men's Health Urbanathlon today at Citi Field in Flushing, Queens. I got up @ 5:40 A.M. and went with them to cheer them on. I am so proud of and inspired by their strength and determination. Patsy and Cathy each came in first among women in their age groups! Michael came in third among men in his.

The obstacle course involved crawling under a car; jumping Marine hurdles; scaling walls; climbing over a bus and taxis [battered taxicab shown above]; and other horrendous things, all with running about nine miles in between. I almost lost my voice shouting their names. I also held their cell phones, eyeglasses, shirts and car keys. We were back in Montclair by 2 P.M.

My friends are my role models. Long may they run.


*Heidi, Andy, Eric and Kristen not shown.

TCOY
  1. Ummmmmm........nothing....does watching 1,000-plus athletes get me anything? It's a spectator sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment