Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Loving a Granddaughter Stitch by Stitch

Figgy's sewing teacher's grandbaby, Lorelai, in the dress Chris made her.
I've been meaning to post this since before Christmas. It's just so cute. This is baby Lorelai. Figgy's sewing teacher, Christine [Chris] is her proud [young] grandma. Chris works full-time and comes to our house after hours to give Figgy sewing lessons. She has been sewing since she was a girl and is as passionate about bobbins, tension, interfacing and the beautiful things you can make yourself as I am about......adjectives, editors, cookbooks, Tory Burch and fine chocolate. I watch Chris and I think, Gee, I love writing, or think I do, but could I ever convey the skill set with such enthusiasm?

It just makes me so happy to see that little face in that little dress....her grandma made the dress twice, because the first one was too big. She used yards of lace [I think Battenberg lace] to make the collar. Here's her email:

Wow, I am honored! Lorelai is just filling my heart every day with so much love and joy.  She has already sat on my lap pushing buttons on my sewing machine!  I guess she is my youngest student!   But that is not to say that all of "my kids" I teach to sew aren't special as well. I enjoy watching their self pride when they actually did make something themselves. Even gets them away from texting for a while!!! They feel so accomplished.  They just need to know that they can!  I think it's therapeutic as well.  There is way too much electronic entertainment today, which is breeding lazy kids and losing so many of the arts that those before us worked to hard to  keep alive. Wishing you all a very happy holiday.  Chris.  

Thank you, Chris.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Walked Sug around block once.
  2. Nap.
  3. Salon blowout--got my reward points, so it was only $10 plus tip.
  4. Made healthy dinner and special dessert, which I had been planning--Julia's Child's 8-inch single layer "Queen of Sheba" chocolate cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment