Search This Blog

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Tax Hell

I hate income tax time. So does H. Today I spent hours on the laptop going over all of our monthly bank statements online for 2012 [two accounts] to break down all expenses for utilities, phone, etc. [since we both work out of our home offices, a percent of those costs are deductible]; health insurance costs; unreiumbursed prescription costs; unreimbursed doctor/medical costs. Suffice it to say I have pages and pages of figures. And that doesn't count office supplies, etc. etc.

I was racing against the clock. It took so much longer than I expected. Five hours later, I was still in my green nightgown at command central in the living room. I was about to do a quick change @ 3:45.  Our appt. with our accountant was for 4.

Then someone said he had lost track of where he put our 1099 income forms for safekeeping,...and we both freelance for a lot of different companies. So we had to cancel and must reschedule.

I had hoped this dreaded task would be done, especially since Figgy's college choices are also requesting our 2012 tax year form. And Fig is anxious about us getting the info in. So am I.

What a bust. I was seething.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Napped and read.
  2. Good tooth care.
  3. Dinner with Figgy @ diner.
  4. Walked Puff around block under pretty starlit sky.  Liked seeing NYC's glittery skyline through the branches.



2 comments:

  1. Doing my tax hell now. How I hate this job. As we do every year, this afternoon I have to sit with Mr. Balance-Everything-To-The-Penny and try to defend my artistic record keeping as he attempts to enter it into Quickbooks for the accountant. You are not alone, cousin. Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Lin.....i guess we all get through it. love alice

    ReplyDelete