Search This Blog

Friday, September 20, 2013

Jet-Puffed Heaven

Busy day--and also a day of facing some hard truths about myself in Private Benjamin appointment with H. after a months-long hiatus from couples therapy. It's hard to face the truth.

Worked hard....then H. and I went to the Nishuane School Picnic with Punch this evening, with our picnic basket full of sandwiches and green grapes....then popped by Patsy and Andy's to sit around the fire pit and roast hotdogs and marshmallows.

So simple...that old-fashioned joy.....popping the puffy confection on a skewer or stick and twirling it over a flame. Generations of Americans have done it. I love that Punch was there. I don't know what the future holds, but I know it's only pure good for a little girl to play tag with kids in the dark, carry a glow stick and sit under a moonlit sky with people who love her. I also know it's good to have a Dad or stand-in Dad who goes out in the dark to the front lawn, where you left your baby doll, so that he can retrieve her and you can cover her up for the night.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Boot camp in the park. Pretty day, tough workout, great friends.
  2. Private Benjamin.
  3. H. made huge green salads for himself and me at lunchtime.
  4. Lots of ice water.





3 comments:

  1. In the words of my teenager, you guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celia. You are awesome. And. Ben and Greg. But thank you. I keep telling Annie to call you re sweater but she hasn't. Will keep on it. Love Alice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about the sweater - I forgot about it!

    ReplyDelete