Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

Smooth Sailing Ahead

Beautiful.

Don, Sis, me and my Punch.
Sis and Don rented a power boat and a captain to take us out for Sunday fishing. So pretty. We left from Cos Cob and were in the water from about 1:15 to 5ish. We only caught a sea robin and two small porgies, no bluefish. But we had so much fun.

In other news, our car broke down on H.'s drive home from Boston Saturday afternoon and now he's returning tomorrow, after the part is replaced. I'm so grateful Sis took us under her wing for this fun event today. Nature and time spent in fresh air fills the heart and soothes the soul--holding a fish, reeling in a line, watching an anchor being lowered, seeing snowy white egrets and picturesque islands in the sea. Driving over the Tappan Zee. Traveling, and coming back to the safety of home.

When a sailboat glided by, I said to Punch:

See that? See how smoothly it's moving? That's called smooth sailing. There's a phrase called smooth sailing. When the water is choppy and rough, it's not like that. Like when life gets rough and hard. So you say to someone, 'I hope you have smooth sailing in your life, no problems.'

Thank you, she said.

TCOY
  1. We slept late, yay.
  2. Loved the sunset on drive home from Connecticut. A sky of stunning paint strokes.
  3. Still upset and worried about something out of my control. Trying to remember that the universe is unfolding just as it should, as a friend told me, and that it's not in my power to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment