Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Dark, Stormy Night

I don't know how you can bear to keep reading these posts. They're so depressing. I guess I do interject some fun stuff now and then, like posts about blue tights and good chocolate.

Today, Moey came over at 4:20 to watch Punch so I could keep my therapy appointment. She even took Punch out to dinner, supervised homework and gave her a bath. That gave me enough time to run to Whole Foods after the appointment to get a turkey, stuffing, butternut squash, vegetarian gravy, lemons, etc. We're supposed to be hosting Thanksgiving, if all hell doesn't break loose.

It's pouring out. It's dark. I am feeling angry, bitter, sad, hateful, overwrought, disgusted, disillusioned and hopeless.

I don't even want to list my TCOY here.




8 comments:

  1. Sweetie, you had me at: A MARIEBELLE DARK CHOCOLATE CROQUETTE BAR.

    We've never met, but we have a connection. You have a gift, to articulate what many of us feel. Dark days come, but know they also go. Write if it helps, don't if it doesn't, but know there are folks you can't see who care.

    I hope your Thanksgiving has family, friends, and love. Much more important than turkey.

    Love always,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a good (and also an online friend who I never met) said to my dear cousin -- I am not afraid of your pain. And, so I say to you, my friend, I am not afraid. I'll be hear listening as long as you feel like writing. And I like that you listen to me, too. I hope Tday brings you some lightness and laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH FOR GOODNESS SAKE. I'll be here. Not I'll be hear. Sheesh. Some comic relief for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE reading your blog...ever since reading your article in Coastal Living. I feel a connection with you as I lost my beloved father 7 years ago and miss him every single day. I also adore Cape Cod and it is my soothing and magical place. Depression is hereditary in my family and I struggle with it as well. When I read your blog, I feel like I'm sitting in a cozy room with a hot cup of tea with a good friend. Hang in there & keep on writing:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same as above, cousin. Have a good Thanksgiving and I hope hell does not break loose today. Love, Lin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading these because I know the sweet, wonderful in-person you, and I'm rooting for you and I have faith that things will work out. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the lovely notes my cousin and d
    Friends. Things are a bit better. H and I and fig met with dr and have support/plan. I didn't post last night
    Bc had house guests from
    Florida and was makin 3 pies. Peace love and thanks. Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheriann I'm so sorry you lost your. Dad. I still miss my Dad so much. Just cried driving by the nursing home today ...,sending warm
    Thoughts and thanks. Alice

    ReplyDelete