Search This Blog

Friday, July 4, 2014

OK, Enough with the Solitude Already

It's after 10, still pouring and I'm alone in an ancient cabin at the edge of the bay. I want my family back! But I just learned via Figgy text that they stopped at Walgreens* to get the baby powder I asked for hours ago. I think I could cook up a good mystery novel here. ;) The front screen door closes with an old metal hook...why didn't I take up my brother- and sister-in-law's earlier offer to go get a drink?

*I guess Walgreens is our odd holiday spot. I went there in Boca Raton on Christmas Day a couple of years ago with H.'s cousin Mary Jane, after church. We bought cheese and crackers and I forget what else...I don't think anything else was open. And now H. and Fig went to Walgreens on Fourth of July in Maine. Sacrilegious perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment