Search This Blog

Monday, July 7, 2014

Patch of Peace

I took a breather at midday while H. drove Punch to grocery-shop for family dinner. After I took a shower, made some calls, sent a few work emails and did the dishes, I sat on one of the worn Adirondack chairs in front of the cabin. Put my legs up over the foot rest, gazed at the bay and drifted to sleep. Blue sky, breeze blowing. Loved my nap.

I haven't craved air conditioning in this cabin, thanks to a beautiful cross wind. I did need it in the car yesterday, when it was super hot and sunny on the drive to Camden.

Good night. Did I mention that H. will be leaving early Wednesday morning for a six-day/five-night trip to Washington Island [off Wisconsin] with college friends? I'm trying to not to think about getting tired and cranky with Punchy. H. often does bedtime.

TCOY
  1. Lots of ice water.




No comments:

Post a Comment