Search This Blog

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Rolling: Love & Mercy


Tonight we saw the film about Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys--based on the true story that hits notes on his abusive father, songwriting brilliance, emerging psychosis. 

10 beach balls up! Definitely worth seeing. Elizabeth Banks is excellent as the car saleswoman he falls for, Paul Dano as the young Brian and Paul Giamatti as the controlling doctor who hijacked his life.

The first album I ever bought was "Endless Summer." I got it used at the Bergenfield Sidewalk Sale, a highlight of my young life every year. I loved those songs, listening to them again and again, sitting cross-legged on my cool brown bedroom floor as the needle caught and the vinyl spun on my hand-me-down portable record player. I was not alone--"In My Room." 

Good night.

TCOY
1. Boot camp in park.
2. Nap and reading.
3. Bought kale, fresh figs, heirloom tomato, avocado and good salad dressing to make us salads.
4. Got a jar of SunButter Sunflower Spread, too, and had some on grahams for a snack.

No comments:

Post a Comment