Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2015

Surprise Visitors!

After Punch and I had eaten our toast, walked our puffball over to see a doggy friend named Petey on Nauset Road, worked a little on laptop [me], ran a cranberry juice and apple chip stand [her], we were ready to head to the Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary at 2 p.m. 

Bye, Sugar, be a good girl, we'll be back soon, I said. And I caught a glimpse of someone about 13 running by my front door. It was Nikki! My friend Anne and her daughters, Emmy and Nikki, drove up from Montclair for a few days to surprise us. We were so delighted. We thought they couldn't come.

Emmy, Nik, backwards Punch and me at Wellfleet Bay this afternoon. We saw a green heron, snowy white egret, turtle and protected turtle nests.

We all went to Wellfleet to walk the Audubon trails, then to Great Pond for peaceful swims and naps. Some of us napped, some didn't. And two of the non-nappers had to be coerced out of the pond after a long time!!! So lovely, and so far from home. I have long treasured swimming in this pond with H., Figgy, Sis, too....

After pizza out, we took our ice creams from the Hot Chocolate Sparrow to the dock at Rock Harbor to watch the sunset. But no sooner had we left our flip flops and cups by the bench then we were swarmed by hungry mosquitos, biting like mad. Quick hugs and a race to our cars--our friends headed back to the Viking Motel and we to our furball, waiting on Wonderstrand Way.

Good night.




No comments:

Post a Comment