Search This Blog

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Luxury Business Lounge

I took #66 bus in for Figgy doctor appointment--H. couldn't make it because he got booked near the last minute to work an event in North Brunswick, writing 60-Second Novels.

I'm in the waiting room, waiting my turn. What a nice business lounge--at 100 Park Avenue, between 40th and 41st streets, a block away from Grand Central Station. I always think of my Irish grandpa, Jim Mahon, when I approach GCS from this side of Park Ave. It's because Sis has told me a story, something about what Grandpa said as a new immigrant when he saw Grand Central. Have to ask her to remind me again.

A complimentary coffee machine brewed espresso for me to pour over ice in a white cup. A nice Dell desktop computer is mine for the using right now.

I was going to head home and work on Anthony's book in Montclair, but instead, I brought my laptop in and will walk over to the NY Public Library and write there for a while. Punchy is at her last day of Steve and Kate's Camp for the summer, and H. can get her by 6 p.m.

Tomorrow we leave for Cape Cod. And once I have finished Anthony's book--and I'm nearly there--I intend to start hunting for a full-time job [again, but this time with more gumption and determination]. I love the buzz, energy and sophistication of NYC. I love the coffee bars on every corner [originals, not just cookie-cutter Starbucks]. I love walking by lunch carts. I love seeing what people are wearing.

My turn.

4 comments:

  1. yup, your turn. And then you can meet regularly with your friend, Kim, for lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes that would be wonderful. Annie starting job at new van Leeuwen ice cream in Williamsburg near music hall--FYI in case you are in area. Xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I love how you two have confidence in me. From your mouths to career goddess's ear. I appreciate it, truly. LoveAlice

    ReplyDelete