Search This Blog

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Postcard from Maine


I didn't go this week due to writing project, but H. took our Fig, who turns 20 Monday, and Punch, 8, to see his family. Take a peek. [Please note pink Lilly Pulitzer dress I bought Punchy at Greenwich Sidewalk Sale.] Top photo: Good Hurley brothers Mike, John and Pat. Dave and my Dan not pictured on boat.

TCOY
1. Good dental care.
2. Walked to and from town to write at Starbucks, and later walked Sug.
3. Walked from Starbucks to 5:30 Mass and back again. Liked time to pray and contemplate. And now I can zzzz late tomorrow morning.
4. Rested.
5. Lots of ice water.
6. Realized that I want to add meditating to my days. Walking to and from town with my laptop bag gave me plenty of time to think, and I felt strong and capable.

3 comments:

  1. Alice, if I haven't already recommended this, let me do so now: 10% Happier. A great great book on meditating. It's by Dan Harris, a hard-boiled reporter who ends up embracing meditation after a cycnical, begrudging start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Kim. Will look into it. Love Alice do you meditate daily?

    ReplyDelete
  3. no, I don't, at all! But I have long been interested in trying it.

    ReplyDelete