Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Click: CNN Republican Presidential Debate

Wow, 11 on the stage. A lot of good players. These stand out most for me:

Donald Trump. In spite of all of his highly offensive chauvinistic comments in the past, I'm finding him very entertaining tonight. As he said, he is an entertainer. I also like his point that he is using his money, not being pressured by lobbyists. Not sure if that's 100% true, but....I like how outspoken he is. And down to earth.

Carly Fiorina. Impressed with her. Seems supersmart, polished and fast on her feet. She cuts through the crap.

Jeb Bush. I thought he would be the "in" based on the Bush dynasty but he's projecting as a bit too meek. Not dynamic enough.

Chris Christie. I'm a Democrat, but have always liked his bluntness, as in "Get the hell off the beach" to the stragglers during Hurricane Sandy. But the traffic snarl on the George Washington Bridge orchestrated by his aides--to get back at the Fort Lee mayor, who hadn't endorsed him--really soured my view. I don't buy that he didn't know about it. That was a petty and spiteful scheme. Childish. Still, I think he has traction and I can see Americans voting for him. Yet I fear he might create a police state, not be warm and fuzzy at all. 

What do you think of the roster? It's still going, but it's my bedtime. Hope I don't miss anything big,

Good night.

TCOY
1. Boot camp in the park.
2. Raked front garden and lawn for about 2 hours! Long overdue, looks much better. Helped me nab 14,062 steps today. 



2 comments:

  1. Disagree on Trump. I never could stand him. Never. He's a blustery asshole. And his latest comments on Muslims are Hitleresque.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh oh I didn't hear the Muslim comments. I will google and read, Kim. And I do like and respect that coinage, too: blustery asshole. Alice

    ReplyDelete