Search This Blog

Thursday, October 22, 2015

It Happened Last Night, Day 1 Again

Everything was good on day 3 no sugar until about 9:30 p.m., in the dark of night. Punch had taken a bath, and H. was reading The Tale of Despereaux to her.

I went into the kitchen. I saw the box of cheese-dusted crackers H. left on the table and started eating them with hummus. And then; I opened the freezer door and took out the single square of carrot cake* I had ordered last week in my Farmigo** grocery order, which arrived yesterday at Punchy's school. I ate it, still frozen. I had offered it to Punch after school but she didn't bite. And Fig was home, too, but it wasn't vegan.

So now I'm back to Day 1 again of no sugar, with a free ticket 2 days a month.

*It was from Margaret Palca Bakes, on Columbia Street in Brooklyn. It weighed 4.5 oz. It was good.
**I love ordering from Farmigo; Punchy's school has raised almost $1,000 with these weekly deliveries. I get everything from Ithaca Coffee Company fair trade, organic coffee to beets, potatoes, cream, yogurt, apples, vegan cheese spread, carrots, milk. Every now and then, I am tempted to try the baked goods.

2 comments:

  1. maybe tell yourself if it happens again you have to forfeit one of the planned sugar days. just a thought. but good for you for getting back on the wagon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim. I had the exact same idea. But in my sweets-crazy mind, I would feel cheated, because on my free ticket days, i might have 2 or 3 treats. This would be a good incentive for me to stay clear the other 29 days of the month.

    ReplyDelete