Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Change Afoot

I'm going to try to put my iPhone away when I get into bed at nite. I use it for my wake-up alarm, so it's a little tricky. It will be nearby. I've also gotten used to having it on my nightstand in case someone [Figgy, Sis] needs me; we no longer have a land line.

I don't really need to check email, Facebook and Instagram before I turn the lights out, though that's exactly what I have been doing. I'd rather read a book. But such is the compelling urge of always being able to be connected.

This will change my blogging. Right now I'm on the couch, but so many nights, I've blogged in bed. This can't be healthy.

I like it better when I blog on my laptop, anyway--the better to insert live links, photos, captions and text colors.

Good night, all-consuming internet.


2 comments:

  1. This is such a dilemma. I can guarantee that I sleep better when I don't take my phone to bed. But I have a million ways to rationalize it. ("Oh, I'm too tired for a book; a few minutes reading blogs is all I need." Or, like you, "I need it for my alarm.") But I do believe they're doing a number on sleep quality. Hang in there, Alice!

    ReplyDelete