Search This Blog

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Saturday by the Sound

Out in the water.

Celebrating Don's bday.

Don at head of table in navy blue shirt.

Sis rented a boat for her husband Don's big birthday; it was chartered, Captain Mike included, from 1 to 5 p.m.

Don was quite a sailor. A Chicago boy, he first sailed on Lake Michigan. He went on to win many a race and collect countless trophies. He sailed from Miami to Bermuda, and once raced against Ted Turner. 

It felt nice to be out on the Long Island Sound. Privileged to sit with my feet up, and then jump off the ladder for a swim w Sis and Punch. Refreshing. But Capt. Mike said sales of recreational boats are really down--not surprising.

Gift: Saw a snowy white egret, all legs, like a lanky teenage girl, preening awkwardly in the sand on the boat ride back.

Now Punch, Sug and I are sleeping over at Sis and Don's, heading home tomorrow.

Sea dreams.

TCOY
1. With H. still on Washington Island, I hired a sitter from 9 to 10:30 a.m. so I could attend at least part of my support group meeting. Glad I got there.
2. That swim off the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment