Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Dream Roll: Shifting Sands in Provincetown

Provincetown dunes when we went in April 2016.

Ditto.
H. and Punchy on the Ptown beach.
I was having the coolest dream when the alarm went off. Have to write about it before I forget.

H. and I were at the beach in Provincetown, on the tip of Cape Cod. He went off to get something, maybe from the car or maybe a refreshment, and suddenly, I was on a huge expanse of sand that moved up and around to keep people dry from the approaching waves. It was spinning on its side, like a carnival Tilt-A-Whirl, and I loved the way it lifted me and my notebooks so we didn't get wet. We spun around and around as the tide came in and the waves crashed underneath us. Sometimes I was very close to getting drenched, but then the magical expanse of sand would lift up again. At times, we were carried out over the sea.

On some turns, my belongings slid and I almost lost them. On others, I was right in the midst of beautiful waves, lifting, roaring, breaking. It was thrilling.

I couldn't wait to tell H. when he returned. You have to see this! Come up here. This part of the beach starts spinning and lifting you above the waves!

It was just the most amazing concept. I loved it. I talked to some people--a couple of guys and an older couple--and they said it had been put there about three years ago. They said the sandy, spinning platform could be even be rented out for people who wanted to host brunches or parties.

It had a name but hours later, I can't remember exactly what it was. It was one word, something environmental like Sea or Beach or Green or Wind. Or Tide.

In the dream, I told H. to write an article about it for the Science Times in the New York Times--since he is a health and science writer--but we both agreed that since it had been around three years, they had surely covered it already.

Maybe you could pitch an update, I said.

Theories about this dream:
  1. I am very eager to get to Cape Cod August 28 for our week-long family vacation, even though it will be a bit disjointed because H. is going to leave the Cape for Maine w Punchy August 30 and bring Figgy back Sept. 1 [that's the day her lease is up]. We stay through Sept. 4. I have only been to the Cape 3 days this summer so far [but Maine and California, and Sis's in Connecticut, yes, and thankful for that].
  2. Some magical thing out there has been protecting me from near drowning--from bad things. It has allowed me to view the beauty up close without the risk.
  3. I will have good luck with my job hunt. I will be daring and adventurous in an area that I love. And it will feel like fun.
  4. Neither Figgy nor Punchy was there. No daughters! Focus on us as a couple again?
Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment