Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Big Screen: The Girl on the Train


Figgy and I went to see this thriller at 10:15 tonight. I was sitting on the edge of my seat and clutching her arm part of the time. Excellent mystery with Emily Blunt, Haley Bennett, Rebecca Ferguson, Allison Janney, Justin Theroux, Luke Evans, Edgar Ramirez, Lisa Kudrow. So many twists and turns on a train ride along the Hudson and a close, raw look at the blur of alcoholism. Rating: 10 popcorn buckets and a giant soda. I haven't read the book, but maybe I should.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Morning support group. Nurturing, enlightening.
  2. Punchy's Mimi and Poppy came to visit and we went out to lunch with them and Figgy at a Thai restaurant we love in town. The hot tea, pad thai, dumplings, even Fig's spicy vegan tofu curry--all delicious. Then Mimi and Poppy took Punch out for a few hours and we got to take a Saturday nap on a rainy afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Alice, I'm just catching up on your blog. I haven't seen this movie, but I liked the book a lot. Have fun in Syracuse ... I'll bet it's nicer now than when I went to school there, and the Finger Lakes in the fall are just gorgeous. Travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eileen, hi! I'm thinking so much of you, Eric and my friend's son here. Xo Alice. Ps you have to see the movie! Hi to Pete

      Delete