Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Officially Started My Christmas Shopping

I probably shouldn't be starting the shopping because we still need to replace the rear brake pad[s?] on our car and make more payments to the dentists and heating oil company...but I couldn't resist. I like starting to fill Santa's sack.

Punch and I dashed to the bank before it closed at 5, and that left me time to get a little something for Figgy and Sis before another shop closed, plus a really nice Christmas card for H. and another for a special pal.

Then Punch begged to go into the Learning Express toy store, and I was pleased to see a toy collection box there. A Girl Scout troop is collecting for a women's and children's shelter in Paterson. I got one of those cute "My First Purse" gifts, in purple and pink plush, for ages 2 and up.

I've always loved Toys for Tots collections and the Giving Tree at church, where you choose a tag or two and get what's requested, from gloves to toys. I also took the opportunity to talk to Punch about how hard it would be to live in a shelter.

Good night. Let the season begin.

TCOY
  1. Worked. Kind of fun, must admit. But get back to me in the next few days, when I''m buried in copy about corkscrews and lemon reamers again. 
  2. H. made really good sole for supper. Had with Brussels sprouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment