Search This Blog

Monday, January 16, 2017

Sweetening the Pot/Torturing the Mom

Not sure how to live with these people. Figgy brought in a standard-size pack of peanut butter Oreos and H. got Punchy an individual three-pack of Hostess Ho Hos--the only unhealthy food he bought in a big grocery trip tonight.

Hello! I can't co-exist with these temptations in my home. I don't know what the answer is. I put the Oreos out in the old metal milkbox on our stoop--after eating five. And when Punch daintily ate 2 of the 3 smallish Ho Hos and left one on the kitchen table, I ate it right it up. You snooze, you lose.

I need substitutes at the ready....but my quandary is, should I allow myself a little good quality dark chocolate, or not? I truly do crave it.

But what happened with the Oreos is that soon enough, I wanted more sugar....raspberry jam, raisins, etc......all we really had.....if we had other sweets, they would have vanished quickly....

I don't know what an alcoholic would do if someone brought wine or liquor into the house....I guess she/he would not take a sip. Could not take a sip.

Sigh.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Went for a walk with Moey this morning!
  2. Reading a helpful workbook.
  3. Planning on 8 a.m. yoga tomorrow.
  4. Had a bowl of yogurt with chopped Lady Alice apple, pecans and a scattering of mini chocolate chips.



No comments:

Post a Comment