Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Derailed but Back on Track Again

I couldn't bring myself to report my going off the rails last night. I went to something that was part class/part support group yesterday evening. I was upset about some observations, and some truths or probable truths. And I was angry at Dan. I had driven into the city in the pouring rain in the afternoon for a work task and it took forever to find a free parking space [on West 67th Street, finally]. The traffic was terrible and I got back late and delivered Punchy to gymnastics one half-hour late [her weekly Monday class goes from 4:45 to 6:15]. But now that I hopped back on the horse of healthy eating, and went to the doctor for a checkup, and my weight was down, I will write what I ate when I returned home close to 9 p.m. It showed me very clearly, once again, that I cannot control myself if left to my own devices with sweets/treats/sugar. And that one bite can lead to many gobbles.
  1. Two bouchees [smallish French cookies/pastry treats] I had brought back from the city for Punchy and Figgy. They had not eaten them in the four hours since I put them on the table. I did. They were from La Maison du Chocolat.
  2. 1 Pop-Tart [last one in box, or I would have eaten more]. I'm telling you, sugar craving took over.
  3. 1 smallish bowl of Honeycomb cereal with 2 percent milk.
  4. 1 Nutri Grain crumb cake square. 
  5. Worst of all, an entire  "share me" size bag of Life Savers Gummi Savers, which was 3 servings.
  6. 1 of Punchy's Hershey's pudding cups.
If there was any other treat not nailed down, I would have eaten that, too. But it ended there. I went to bed, grouchy, without washing my face or brushing my teeth. Today I was back to turkey, salad, veggies, fruit, cottage cheese. I feel good. I drove over to Sis's for an overnight visit and she took me to the Water Club! I savored gazpacho with lobster; a Cobb salad with crab and shrimp; fresh, sweet strawberries; and an excellent cup of cappuccino. I did have a couple spoonfuls of Sis's tiramisu and had a little excellent whipped cream on my berries. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment