Search This Blog

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Punchy Break

No nap as delicious as the one on the living room couch on a Saturday afternoon in May when it's not too hot and not too cold and Punchy is with her good young grandma for the weekend* and Sugar is resting on the top of the couch and Dan is coming in and out while cheerfully doing gardening tasks. Good night. *When Punch is here, I'm worrying that she didn't put her helmet on to ride her blue Hoverboard or Razor scooter--and I pop outside to check--or that she went over to the next block to ring her friend's doorbell, etc. etc. 

TCOY
  1. Morning support group
  2. Walked 45 min.
  3. Gardened.
  4. Nice dinner out w Dan. Did fine without bread and butter, alcohol, cheese, pasta and dessert. Cuppa cappuccino. I find I can listen calmly and focus and be more present for family and friends when not in carbohydrate frenzy. I still feel fear and other emotions--those don't vanish--and those are the emotions that make me want to reach for sweets. For example, I started worrying about something last night and then reached for some of Punchy's junk I had put in the freezer. But I had told myself when I put it there that I would throw it out if I ate it again, so after a couple of bites, I did. I have to stop and breathe and realize that I cannot control life and it can be messy but God has a plan. Overeating will only stuff down my fear, not remove it.

3 comments:

  1. Hope all is going well with cutting the carbs. That is so hard for me too. We are cutting back now that we are back from vacation. Trying to eat healthy. We'll see how long it lasts. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wrote long reply. Got erased. Will post again! Thank you

      Delete
    2. Hi again! Went over to your blog and like it a lot! Cutting the carbs has its challenges but overall it is going in the right direction. :) I thank you for checking in.

      Delete