Search This Blog

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Getting My Groove Back

New York surprises that lifted my spirits today:
  1. Forcing myself in and out of the shower, putting nice clothes on, dotting on concealer and waving the Chanel black mascara wand, toting my heels and going to the East Village for an article assignment, to check out a shop called Still House and interview the owner---my pen in hand, notebook pages flying. I won't lie--I fell in love with a gossamer gold chain with a single round "Champagne" diamond on it. I put down a deposit and will make payments until it's mine. The key words; minimal jewelry. The necklace was not too very pricey and perhaps I can cherish it as the sparkle that gave me my groove back after days of dark depression.
  2. Getting a quality caffe latte [pictured above] at Abraco  on 7th Street--served warm in a glass, stir in sugar w a spoon. Best ever. Latte riches. I felt like I was in Italy. The Still House owner and jeweler in residence, Urte,, and chic shopgirl. Zoe, steered me there when I asked about a good coffee place.
  3. Seeing "The Big Sick,' a great rom com, w Dan.
  4. We went to Great Jones Cafe on Great Jones Street/. It was Dan's surprise. We hadn't been back since one of our first dates, in 1986/87. We were seated right on top of four handsome younger men transplanted from England, filmmakers and an illustrator, who had us laughing all night--Leo, Sam, Will and Dominick. Leo even ordered a round of bourbon shots to celebrate our second Great Jones date, 31 years later. We were able to do all this---feel our freedom--because Punch's Mimi picked her up today for a week vacay.
    Good night. Sorry for typos; wrote this on 11:45 p.m.#66 bus from NYC.

    4 comments:

    1. Next time you are coming to the East Village let us know! We'd love to meet up with you.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hi Celia. I thought later that i should have tried to meet you but I had to take the subway uptown for another work assignment. And then I met Dan at 5:45. I hope we can meet up soon. xoxooxox this is Dan's name...

        Delete
    2. Sounds like a fun time. I can't get my blogger app on iphone to accept a blog post in typing. I can add pics all day long but when I start to type it crashes and quits. Grr. I think you can email and entry though and maybe that is how you do yours.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Hello! For the longest time, I had good luck on my iPhone with blogger apps then one by one, they stopped working. One still works....it is called Blog Touch and I downloaded it in the app store...it might have cost a few dollars....but I need to be able to blog from my phone! So often I am too tired to get out the laptop...this is my husband's google I'm writing from....but Blog Touch allows me to write and add photos....but I can't highlight text colors, etc....

        Delete