Search This Blog

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Home Again, Home Again

We packed up our books, sunscreen, shorts, sheets and groceries, Anne swept up the sand, we vacuumed, Anne insisted on cleaning more while I took the girls for donuts. Then we took a nice dip in Great Pond, playing with the seaweed a little--shaping it into a hat that we modeled. [Actually, a dad from Northern California, also in the pond, made the hat and gave it to us.] Then we dried off and went to Fort Hill [see beauty above], a view so sweeping behind the whaling captain Penniman's house that I did not want to leave. I stood and breathed it in. Then, the inevitable: We zipped back home past ponds and forests, heading for the setting sun. I pray I can keep this image close to my heart and soul. I would like to remember the vastness of its beauty, the impact of seeing it on a Sunday afternoon in July. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment