Search This Blog

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Hot & Cranky

Have I mentioned how much I dislike heat and humidity? I'm the opposite of the fragrant white gardenia, which blooms like a southern belle in steamy gardens, the more humid and misty, the better.

I hate the heat. Indian Summer should be crisp and blue, not sticky and suffocating It is so hot that my jewelry and even a layer of hand cream feels oppressive.

Other people must feel it, too. Two moms on the block who work in NYC have told me they couldn't wait to get into their PJs and hit the couch....and I trust they have A.C. This weather can be tiring.

Well, I am off to the bedroom, to crank up the air conditioner.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Took Buttercup for a nice walk with Punchy [no school today].
  2. Writing this blog post. I like to write here.
  3. Reading Cape Cod by Thoreau.
  4. Lunch with Sis, who came to scoop Buttercup. My plate included arugula, avocado, grilled portabello, roasted red pepper.....yum.



No comments:

Post a Comment