Search This Blog

Monday, January 8, 2018

Lights in the Night 

We take our Christmas tree down every year by my birthday, January 21. You are laughing, I know, because that is so late! But it’s so nice to see the colored bulbs and glittering ornaments in the dead of winter.

[I think the worst was the year Dan had a small surprise party here for me and he had our friend Michael help him get the tree down and vacuum the needles right before the guests arrived. Thank God for Michael. Dan also enlisted Michael to make homemade eggnog, with a dozen eggs, right before a holiday party one year, but that is another story.....]

The tree is still standing, and so are we, winter warriors all.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Avocado toast.
  2. Warm bath w lavender Epsom salts.
  3. Played school w Punch this evening—she is the very professional and efficient Mrs. Bount. I am Eli Carson, smart but a troublemaker.
  4.  I ground organic whole beans from Vermont Coffee Company and made coffee in French press. Yum. Bought beans at Kings.

No comments:

Post a Comment