Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Flower Stroll with Dear Sug

This morning, tiny, sprightly white Sugar and I strolled down Nassau Road, across Patton Place and up Macopin Avenue--the loop we do often. I was so busy with gadget deadline, I barely walked the poor doggy last week.

Here are the flowers we saw. I don't know for sure if she saw them, but she is very observant. However, she does have developing cataracts and sometimes mistakes a rake for a predator.
  • Honeysuckle, Amy's.
  • Pink? peonies and exquisite, worthy-of-a-princess apricot roses, Mike and Mary's cottage on the brook.
  • Queen Anne's lace, Ted and Drury's.
  • White dogwood, John's.
  • Portulaca and snapdragons, Beth's.
  • Yellow-orange lilies, new young couple next to Beth.
  • Purply pink rhododendron, I can't remember where?
I think I saw more, but didn't bring a pad with me and couldn't take notes on my phone, because I didn't have it with me.

Hope you have a pretty day.







2 comments:

  1. Sounds gorgeous. Our small red rose border is blooming, and the tiger lilies. Our hydrangea May rest this year but others in the neighborhood looking lush. Also looking forward to MA and lilacs and violets.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liz. I hope you have great trip! yay! I know you mentioned lilacs and hope they are still in bloom....some are still in bloom around here, some have passed, but I think New England is later....but violets? what kind of violets? I would like to grow violets. I only know indoor African violets....your red rose border sounds lovely. bon voyage Alice xo

      Delete