Search This Blog

Monday, August 27, 2018

Breather

Punch went to her Mimi’s today, returning Saturday or Sunday. She’s happy and we are grateful. 

I’ve been trying to get her to complete the summer homework packet for school--in 20-minute sessions--but she has such trouble sitting still and focusing. You would think she was being asked to do something terrible, like, in her case, eat a plate of mushrooms--instead of answer questions about the book Wonder and do some math problems.

I gave Punch a small dose of her ADHD med today--first time all summer. It helped. I will continue w that. And I realized after crazy 7-hour drive from Cape last week that I should have given it to her then. At one point, she had rolled onto her stomach in the back seat--fidgeting so much.

Good night.

TCOY

  1. Walked Sug around block.
  2. Greek salad w grilled chicken from Falafel Hut.
  3. Time to bond w Figgy.
  4. Read.

3 comments:

  1. Good idea bringing meds back! Good luck with packet. It’s tough making a kid who finds schoolwork hard feel successful. Also glad u have time with firstborn.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. co-sign to Liz. might even 10 mins a day, 2x a day help? summer homework--not to rub it in, but SO GLAD to have that in my rearview mirror. Always a tough one even with the most focused kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, my friends. Would you believe that last summer I lost the packet in my clutter and we didn’t do it? In retrospect, that wasn’t good, didn’t give her a leg up for the school year. I emailed the teacher but couldn’t get another copy and friends had already filled theirs in. I found that packet maybe in January? One of my L on forehead mothering moments. This year, Punch has tried to hide the packet and also wrote and signed a release form to say she is not doing it. We are doing our best. Figgy has helped her w some of the math. Have a good day. Xo

    ReplyDelete