Search This Blog

Friday, August 3, 2018

I Do Not See That Cheesecake

What cheesecake? Image from thecheesecakefactory.com.
Busy, sticky, humid morning. Drove Figgy to DMV [for driver's license renewal] and got car inspected while there. Yay, our 2002 Toyota Camry with 189,000 miles passed! Our telltale sticker said it all....was due for inspection March 2018.

Then I scooted over here to Barnes & Noble on Route 46. I'm working in the cafe. I do not see those wedges of rich, creamy cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. And...what Chocolate Blackout Cupcake, also from the Factory? Have blinders on, cannot see.

I got a big rectangle of the broccoli Cheddar quiche, which ranks with the best quiches I've ever had. It has flour in the crust, but I decided that's ok. I also had a large [free] cup of ice water, no coffee, since I already had coffee at home.

I'm going to make some good quiches at home soon! I can do a good whole-wheat crust.

I know some of my blog readers are Christian and might be offended, but it is hot as hell outside. The humidity is a heavy coat.

I have an article due today to Brain & Life Magazine. I would like to finish it by the time Dan and I leave early for dinner at Chez Josephine in NYC and then "Dear Evan Hansen." And my editor would very much like me to finish it. It was due August 1; I'm not proud to be late. Trying to balance family [Sis, Uncle Jackie, etc.] But more likely, I will just be getting into the meat of it by the time we have to drive into the city.

I hope you have a good Friday in your corner of the world. xxoo




4 comments:

  1. My Toyota has to get to 200K too, my fingers are crossed while Will has it. i Have blinders on this week too, gotta get a grip on food. Last weekend was great, loved hearing what is going on with the young people.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhh... share WW quiche crust?

    ReplyDelete