Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Mistakes Were Made 

  • After getting Punch to the yellow schoolbus, walking once around the block, and talking to Jean--my friend who lives two houses away--at her kitchen table about an important topic, I dashed to town for 10 a.m. haircut. Then, with 15 minutes to spare, popped into a shop for shoe browsing [nice black suede pumps] and quick tour of Williams-Sonoma to check sale.Then hurried home to take Sug to vet for routine checkup and shots. Mistake 1: Should have gone right home after haircut, no Cinderella shoe fitting or sale browsing, so I didn’t rush Sug.
  • Ran into house, got Sug. Gave her short chance to use the facilities [lawn]. She didn’t. Mistake 2: Thinking Sug, age 14, didn’t need more time to do her business before we drove clear across town.
  • En route, I saw Sugar jump down to the floor mat in front of the passenger seat, saw her tiny, shaggy self crouch and thought Oh, no, she is doing number 2 in the car. Mistake 3: Assuming that all she had deposited was the hard, not messy pieces on the mat.
  • Got to parking space on busy street and noticed that there was a bad smell and mushy number 2 [I’m sorry to be gross] all over passenger seat, cup holder, my black DVF skirt, Sug’s back paw--since she stepped in it--and my new zippered mauve clutch from STITCH. Mistake 4: Not putting my purse in the back seat, where Sugar was not.
Fortunately, I had a roll of paper towels in the car. Cleaned us up as best I could, told Sug she had gotten herself into trouble, and arrived at 11:40 dr appt at 12:04. They even washed her paw.

Great Dr. Cameron visit, safe ride home, spruced up car with liquid soap [Fleur de Sel dish soap I had just gotten at Williams-Sonoma, amazing scent] and water. New writing project on horizon! Then got Punch early at school for ADHD dr appt, brought her home, went to ShopRite [while sitter was here] and went over math homework. Then drove Punch to gymnastics open tumbling session. Dinner. Blog.Tired. Good night.

P.S. My faux leather clutch cleaned up nicely, looks good as new. Fashion is my armor in a crazy world. Sometimes I hit the mark stykewise and sometimes I miss it, but fashion is fun.



2 comments:

  1. Sorry to laugh, but with all the terrible things that can happen, being trapped in the car with cascading poop falls on the comic side. Poor Alice - poop happens!
    Sounds like you handled with aplomb, and I am very glad about the hand bag!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha right? But it was a nuisance and I’m glad drs office knows us well..... and I hardly ever have pap towels in car, not sure why I did, but that was lucky! Xo

      Delete