Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2018

TCOY Cooking

I’ve talked about this book before--by NY Times food writer Melissa Clark. I love it.
A win tonight: Dahlia’s Fragrant Chicken Fingers, named for the author’s young daughter. You can use ground chicken or turkey and I chose the latter [but not ultra lean, which would be too dry]. So good and so quick. Finicky Punch and I loved them [she hates cilantro, so I left it out] with a buttered, bright orange sweet potato and some prepared cauliflower w cheese from the freezer case. Def. making a big panful of these baked "fingers" again.
Saturday, I made a large pot of the Spicy Chicken Soup w Sweet Potato and Spinach, using white meat from a plump rotisserie chicken. It is also a winner but for me alone, since Punch turned against spinach, which she used to devour.
And soon, with pie season coming on, I will again do Melissa’s Roasted Butternut Squash Pie, reducing the sugar and making a whole-grain crust. I will enjoy it w freshly whipped cream.
Yum. Good night.
TCOY
  1. Walked to and from town w my friend/neighbor Lydia at 9:30. We went to Marcel--Montclair’s newest hot spot--for breakfast, and I had the rich, comforting oatmeal and a mug of hot coffee. So good to talk.
  2. That homemade chicken soup for lunch.
  3. That healthy, yummy dinner.
  4. Nailed down some work tasks.

1 comment:

  1. Power Monday! Work productivity plus cooking, I am so impressed!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete