Search This Blog

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Ribbons & Bows 

I wanted to post this photo of MarieBelle satin ribbon spools last night..,,.accessories [even bows and baubles on gift boxes] have long been my love. I think it started back in high school, when my friends and I sometimes got our parents to drive us to Paramus Park Mall on a Friday night. I didn’t have much money to spend but could afford a pair of socks! [Idon’t think my friends bought much either?] Hence, my love grew.... to embrace fancy hosiery, earrings, scarves--and silky bows. Good night to you. 

TCOY

  1. Walked 25 min back from town, in sunshine.
  2. Really getting busy with new work projects.
  3. At Joyist, had my Greg blend.
  4. Nap. I was tired.
  5. Had veggie sausage [Punch cooked me dinner] and organic strawberries w plain yogurt and a little pure almond extract.
  6. Popped into STITCH, the boutique I love--everything 60 percent off sale prices! Found elegant burgundy jumpsuit and beautiful black suede shoes w ankle ties. I am SO driving to the orig location in Madison, NJ once our Montclair location closes.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, P making dinner, good for her and her smart mom who lets her! Said it before, but feeling capable is such a resource to the energetic child, esp one not a natural scholar. Preferring to sit and read is such an advantage at school, took me ages to realize other kids not “bad” but restless in a way I was not.

    Happy Friday, your thrill at seasonal beauty and visual treats makes your posts more than even the usual good time to read.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. adding to the applause for Punchy's dinner! I often felt that M would have done better on a farm. Seriously, like dipping candles so that we could see, milking cows so that we could drink--tangible, hands-on worthwhile-to-the-family chores always made her happy. One of her happiest summers was with her first boyfriend who also summered in Bellportl 2 wild raspberry bushes on our property got big enough that we paid attention to them and picked their berries. This led P and M on a foraging trip all around the community, which still has its fair share of wooded, unclaimed properties. That summer we ate more foraged berry goods--cakes, muffins, crumbles. She LOVED it. Yup, get that girl working, use her hands and channel her energy in a satisfying, team-spirited way. That's the ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well, i'm sure the properties aren't unclaimed, but they are without homes and no one seemed to mind two Rockwellian teenagers picking berries from their bushes...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m thankful for your insights, L and K. I wasn’t even thinking about promoting Punchy’s resourcefulness, but of course, you’re right! What happened was, Dan was out working and Punch was fed dinner at her friend’s house. I had gotten her some Ellen Degeneres oven mitts for kids and colorful little cuisinart tools—partial payment for a culinary writing job—and she was delighted. “I’m making you dinner,” she insisted. I was grateful, I love M collecting berries and baking. Xx

    ReplyDelete