School snow day tomorrow......it was called already here in Montclair, though not a flake has fallen yet.
- Had two of those high-fiber toaster waffles and a helping of those dainty blues.
- Veg chili.
- Raw orange pepper.
- Organic white yam, steamed broccoli.
- Ate a couple of those chocolate-dipped strawberries.
- Went to women's meeting; contemplation, listening, prayer. Seeing the bigger picture.
- It's our 28th wedding anniversary this weekend, and Dan planned a Broadway show and glamorous hotel for us, one night in NYC. Punch will be with her Mimi and Figgy will watch Sug. It will be nice to get away. I hope. Sometimes we fight.
- Whole Foods again because it's right near Punchy's school, and I drove her this morning. I went in to get quality chocolate to make dipped strawberries for the meeting tonight. The excellent 70 percent dark Theo bars [from Seattle] were on sale, two for $6. Also got tiny frozen Maine blueberries; high-protein, high-fiber frozen waffles; fish sticks, a Punchy fave; organic milk; whole-wheat English muffins; bagels; and whipped cream cheese. But I did NOT buy the petite, upscale frozen log of Cappello’s gluten-free, vegan chocolate chip cookie dough, which was about $15 for 12 oz.! Made in Colorado. Was tempted, for Figgy, and because I love trying new brands. $54.09.
- Got back late from meeting, about 10, and Punchy said she was starving. We had a healthy dinner at about 6 p.m. I brought her two small pink-sugar-dusted heart cookies from the meeting, but Fig's friends were heading to the diner, so I gave them money to bring back fries for Punch. Figgy can eat them, too. Wasn't sure how much to give. $7.