Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Magic Lamp [Shade]

TCOY
  1. Healthy hot cereal for breakfast, with sliced almonds and a little fruit, a bit of brown sugar, some cream.
  2. I've been determined to get back to both yoga and walking. Sunday was a yoga class and today I walked 20 minutes into town, then walked all the way home from Private Benjamin appointment on the other end of town. I left at 5:50 p.m. and got home by 7:20, but that counted about 10 minutes off to stop and chat with a nice mom I met when Fig was in elementary school with her son. Proud that I walked so far today.
  3. The Private Benjamin appointment itself.
  4. Nutritious food at Joyist.
  5. For delicious dinner, made my friend Rachael's Quick Chicken Piccata. Heat some butter and EVOO [just eyeball it, enough to brown chicken] in skillet. Dredge cutlets in flour only. Brown on both sides, adding fresh-squeezed juice of one half lemon, salt and pepper. Slice lemon half and add slices to skillet. Pour in white wine to deglaze pan and, if you have them, add capers. I also ate with artichoke hearts on my dinner plate. Punch prefers classic breaded cutlets, so I made some that way, too.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Aerin, adorable + beautiful Liberty of London* lamp shade. I love Liberty of London--though I've never been to the store, Sis brought me back a jewelry roll in pretty fabric once. I've admired this petite lamp shade before, but it was too expensive. Now it is half off. I already have a tiny lamp that I bought at a thrift shop on Cape Cod last summer for about $3. Shade + shipping, $33.06. 
    The cotton shade is only 7 1/4 inches  high.
    I can't wait to put it on my
    tiny thrift-shop lamp. Check the LINK.
  • Kings, 2 packs chicken cutlets, a lemon and fancy dish soap that was 50 percent off, $18.99.
  • Joyist, The Greg blend [with Java Love coffee] and avocado toast, $17.
  • Uber to Private Benjamin appt. + $2 tip, $10.05.
DAILY TOTAL: $79.10.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF MARCH 26: $3809.22.
SO FAR, THAT'S AN AVERAGE DAILY SPEND OF: $146.50.
MONEY THOUGHT: That little lamp of mine, I'm gonna let it shine--probably balanced on a stack of favorite books on my grandparents' old mahogany table by the living room window. I remember that table in their garden apartment in Dumont, remember my grandmother making lamb and mint jelly one Easter. It was Sis's favorite.
*Per Wikipedia:

$$$$ Department store in London, England

Description

AddressRegent St, Soho, London 
Opened1875
Liberty is a department store on Great Marlborough Street in the West End of London. It sells luxury goods including women's, men's and children's fashion, cosmetics and fragrances, jewellery, accessories, homeware, furniture, stationery and gifts, and is known for its floral and graphic prints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment