Search This Blog

Sunday, March 24, 2019

Where Does the Weekend Go?

5 p.m.....Punch is out on the block with her pal...oops, they are at the back door....I spoke too soon....the peace was nice while it lasted....

Saved by Dan, who is taking them to Brookdale Park...he will run and they will continue to switch back and forth to pal's pair of online skates...

Plan to make Sarah Leah Chase's soup tonight....want to finish hanging up clothes in bedroom first.....

Made the Spring Pea Soup with Mint for dinner. Excellent and not too hard.

SATURDAY MARCH 23
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • After Joyce Carol Oates* panel at Montclair Literary Festival [bought tickets a while back], Raymond's, dinner out w Sis and Karen. My part counting tip, $33.
DAILY TOTAL: $33.

*Great to see, hear and meet the author. I met her once as a student at a Douglass College event. "I remember going to Douglass College. It was very nice," she said when I brought that up at the book-signing table I want to read Blonde, about Marilyn Monroe; Black Water, about the Chappaquiddick victim; and an early short story, "Where Are You Going, Where Have You  Been?" Ms. Oates said many people say the story affected/terrified them. I just googled and found it to read. JCO wrote it in 1966 'for Bob Dylan.'

TODAY/Sent Dan grocery shopping....
  • Yoga Mechanics, 5-class card, $120.
  • Montclair Bread Company, rosemary loaf; iced coffee; delicious prosciutto, ricotta and fig sandwich; small bottle chocolate milk; and $1.40 jar tip, $24.
DAILY TOTAL: $144.
RUNNING TOTAL FOR MONTH AS OF MARCH 24: $3688.32.
SO FAR, THAT'S AN AVERAGE DAILY SPEND OF: $153.68.
MONEY THOUGHT: I have been missing yoga. I want to get back to going at least once a week. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning, my body is off-balance, tilted to the left. Money spent on yoga is well spent and I would like to make that a priority. I saved the cost of an Uber home after Punch's soccer game yesterday by asking a friend for a ride. Sometimes people, including us, have packed schedules, but the friend I asked had a little leeway. Dan had been at the game but then had to take the car and drive to work.








2 comments:

  1. Hi, Alice. I have tried to comment a number of times on some of your recent posts. Maybe this time will be successful. You met Joyce carol Oates! How exciting! That short story, "Where Are You Going, Where Have You Been?" is one of my favorites. It is terrifying. I read it in the early 90s and I still remember it vividly. How interesting that she wrote it for Bob Dylan. Love, Lin

    P.S. Even your shopping lists are interesting reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lin. I’m glad you tried again. I’ve found that when I’m on my iPhone, I have to sign into my google account or my comments don’t post. It’s super annoying. Who among us has time to write a comment only to have it vanish? I’m so happy to hear from you/have been thinking of you a lot. I found the story online and read it last night. I liked it a lot, the spare writing that says so much. It was scary but I think less scary at my age now than if I read as a younger woman, as you did. I hope we see you soon. Thanks for reading my blog, Lin. Love Alice

    ReplyDelete