Search This Blog

Saturday, May 25, 2019

Not Holding My Head High

I haven't done a full blog post since Tuesday night. This is unlike me. I have been super tired, as in can't hold my head up,  must rest--be it 1 p.m. or 9:30 p.m.

I suspect it could be the increase in my anti-anxiety med about two weeks ago....not sure...but maybe I was SO unanxious that I was sleeping. I contacted my psychiatric nurse practitioner and we dialed down the dose today. I hope it helps.

Blogging as a nightcap? I was so tired, all I could do was crawl under my soft covers and thank God Punchy was with Dan or, last night, at her friend's house for a sleepover.

Today I finally had a little more energy after sleeping from 10 p.m. to noon and resting again from 1 to 3 p.m. Yes, you read that right. I couldn't get up for my support group. But I was later able to walk Sug around block, garden, grocery shop and go to several businesses in town to ask for dessert donations for the May 31 community supper that is part of montclairbounce.org.

I haven't tracked my spending since Tuesday. Here goes.

Wednesday, May 22
  • Starbucks before Punch's 8 a.m. chess class at school. Breakfast and drink for me, breakfast, drink and lunch for Punch, $23.30.
  • Glendarragh Lavender Farm in Appleton, Maine--2 glass bottles of hand soap refill plus lavender soaking salts in glass bottle and $12 shipping and handling, $62. [I'm trying to reduce use of plastic. I have the farm's glass hand soap bottle and each refill fills it at least twice.]
  • J. Clores florist, tray of snapdragon plants for garden and mini succulent plant for P's planter, $16.59.
  • Jackie's Grillette, drinks for P and me [we biked to town for appt after school] plus rice pudding and macaroni salad for her, and a blueberry scone, plus tips, $19.60.
  • Kings, milk and lox and $5 cash back for Punch to bring to school for Toni's Kitchen donation, $22.77.
Thursday, May 23
  • Red Nose day donation at school to fight children's poverty, $2.
  • Parking meter, $1.75.
  • Starbucks after Punch dr. appt at 3 p.m., purchase included drink and sandwich for P. and another very tall cup I plan to reuse for drinks ordered instead of adding to landfill, $26.87.
  • Cafe Giotto, spinach salad w grilled chicken and arugula with burrata, both to go for dinner, $30.92.
  • Cafe tip, cash, $3.
Friday, May 24
  • Ruthie's BBQ, $15.
  • Parking meter, $1.75.
Saturday, May 25
  • Joyist, a healthy "Greg" cold brew blend for me and one for Fig, $22.
  • CVS, went for Rxs, got cashews, dried apricots, Kind bars, milk, other groceries and also InStyle Magazine, $43.21.
  • Kings, 2 lox, hotdogs, hotdog rolls, sauerkraut, 2 pints blueberries, bacon on sale, bag of lemons, box of pasta, veg sushi rolls for Figgy, eco-friendly lavender dish liquid [but not in glass bottle], pint expensive Jeni's ice cream from Ohio, $65.
TOTAL SPEND FOR FOUR DAYS: $355.76.
AVG. DAILY SPEND FOR THOSE FOUR DAYS: $88.94.
RUNNING TOTAL SPEND FOR MONTH AS OF MAY 25: $2,062.86.
MAY AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $82.51.

COMPARE TO APRIL STATS, DOING MUCH BETTER SO FAR, largely due to spending 9? days with Sis in May?
TOTAL MONTHLY SPEND FOR APRIL: $3,634.28.
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND IN APRIL: $121.14.


2 comments:

  1. Hope you feel better in the coming days! I think how we feel is connected to the food we eat and meds we take. So hopefully you get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Back Porch! Thank you for the good wishes. You are exactly right.

      Delete