Search This Blog

Friday, October 18, 2019

Hair-Raising Money Report

I hadn't gotten my hair cut and colored since early June.....long overdue, and just in time for my 40th Dumont High School reunion tomorrow night. I'm going with Moey, and with Fritch, who is flying up from Florida! We three met in kindergarten at Seltzer School....that sunny corner classroom with nap time, a play kitchen and mischievous little boys [Jimmy F. and Frankie I. come to mind].

After kindergarten, we headed to Saint Mary's School and then back to public school again--Dumont High. [Saint Mary's didn't have kindergarten, so that was at a public school, too.]

The salon appointment definitely drove up my spending.

TCOY
  1. Getting the hair done.
  2. Nap on couch.
  3. Steamed baby potatoes with my garden green beans, fresh lemon, Maldon sea salt, freshly ground pepper, EVOO.
  4. Made a little bowl of homemade "cannoli" filling--delicious local whole-milk ricotta, a little mascarpone, freshly grated orange peel and some dark chocolate chips. It was good.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • Salon 212, Aveda color, cut and blowout by Christina, $150 plus $30 tip and $6 shampoo tip, $186.
  • Kings, small gifts for my two friends, smoked salmon, pistachios, baby potatoes, 2 dark chocolate bars, 3 wet dog food, sunflower seeds, Thai chopped salad mix, bunch of bananas, fresh figs, breaded chicken cutlets, good rye bread, $97.66.
  • Jackie's Grillette, lamb gyro with feta on pita [brought half home for Punch], fries, $2 jar tip, $16.93.
  • Thrift shop at Saint James Church, gently worn JoS. A. Bank purple 100% cashmere sweater with V neck, $5. The comparable cashmere sweaters on that menswear site are $350.
  • Uber back home, plus tip, $8.80.
TOTAL DAILY SPEND: $314.39.
Running total for month as of October 18: $1,440,02.
Average daily spend: $80.

COMPARE TO TWO PRIOR MONTHS:
TOTAL SPEND FOR SEPTEMBER (30 DAYS): $2,214.43.🍎⬇️
AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $73.81.🍎⬇️

TOTAL SPEND FOR AUGUST (31 DAYS): $2,895.06. ⬆️
AUGUST AVERAGE DAILY SPEND: $93.39.  ⬆️










7 comments:

  1. Thank you! so much for sharing such a beautiful tips. Furthermore, tips for beauty visit at..
    Latest Beauty Tips Updates

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s roughly what I spend on my hair (and comparable tips, good to know), but I do it every 5-6 weeks, since it’s short and pure white at the roots. That’s why I contemplate going natural. But I don’t think I’m prepared to have everyone at first glance assume I’m old.

    Have a great time at the reunion!

    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spend more, but it's Manhattan. I get color every 6 weeks now (ouch, used to be 9), alternating between half head of highlights and single process for roots. The single process times, I get it cut (so only every 12 weeks for cut). When my colorist retires fully (he's nearly 15 years older than me), I may try nearby Bklyn salon. A smidge cheaper, I think, and around the corner. If I retire before him, I'm gonna try going gray. But acknowledgement to Nan, who knows if I'll be ready right away. Easy to say that now, several years out. But hair. yeah. so expensive. The whole flap with AOC's hair was likes, whatevs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. note about my commitment to colorist. He's been doing my hair since I was 24!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve followed my stylist for 15 years through 3 salons, so now it’s about 15 miles away. Luckily, he’s younger than me! #loyalty

    ReplyDelete