Search This Blog

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Thankful 

For perspective.

For the presence of mind to realize that I can change my behavior but not the behavior of others.

That I can be the best version of me I can be at any given time.

That I can model kindness and grace.

For my friends and my sister, my circle of love.

For Dan, in his plaid shirt.

For Martha and Pat and their old farmhouse, where they hosted dinner for 23.

For homemade gravy, ironing cotton napkins and making mashed potatoes w Dan, Figgy and Punch.

For dainty heirloom salt cellars and etched wine glasses.

For a glass of Prosecco at dinner and this cozy bedroom in this country house.

For grown nieces and nephews and their loves.

And homemade dinner rolls and pumpkin pie.

For Figgy and Punch. I am so grateful our Figgy is healthy and thriving.

For my parents and grandparents and aunts and uncles--they may have left the room, but their love and laughter is a part of me.

For words, and blogs, and writing and reading.

Good night. Happy Thanksgiving with love.

2 comments: