Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Lost My Phone, Losing My Mind

Started setting alarm at 7 am today. Will settle into school time earlier with Punch. Still very hard.
Love to all corners and in between.

$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET
  • You know how I'm on a Julia Reed kick? That author I love? Well, I've been dying to buy something from the carefully curated site she runs with her friend, a fellow Southern woman named Keith. Check the link. Only problem is, the shipping is steep. I spent $40 but with shipping, $52.02. I have long read about jeweler Helen Bransford, and I love the gold chain necklace on the site...window shopping.
total daily spend $52.02.
Total monthly spend as of March 31: $1,916.15.
Avg daily spend: $61.81.

This is much lower than recent months. That is one bright light about being trapped at home due to coronavirus, and minimizing trips to the store. But I do not mean to disregard in any way the true suffering and fear, and the sick and dying among us. And the heroic doctors, nurses, EMTs, hospital workers.....grocery store and pharmacy staff....restaurant delivery people....teachers....police officers...transportation workers.



3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, my friend. Make sure you take some time for yourself. Maybe a walk with just your four legged friend, no one else. Or spend some time in your yard, not working, just observing. This time of year, everything changes daily. What the miracle unfold.

    And you know what?
    Punchy will be just fine, even if the schooling doesn’t get done. More important to go through this time together with relationships intact, than checking boxes on a computer screen. Make sure she has screen contact with her friends.

    And my last practical tip: make sure you have “find my iphone” set up on your whole family’s Apple devices. It makes a noise even if set to silent. I use my iPad to find my phone in the house at least every other day. It falls out of pockets and gets kicked beneath furniture.

    XOXOXOXOXO,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was “watch the miracle “!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nan. Thank you for the advice. Especially about Punch having contact with her friends. I have remembered to put more of a planned focus on that. Her friend's bday is this weekend and her parents asked several of us to participate in a drive-by monster bday party. A few different guests and their families will stand on their front stoops and be dressed up as monsters to wave at the bday girl from a distance as her family drives by. I think I might just put on a pink shower cap and cold cream. That is pretty scary, right? Sending love to Silver Spring MD. how is the pot garden?

    ReplyDelete