Search This Blog

Saturday, May 23, 2020

Found + Lost

Sometimes, I am present, my serenity a gift. I have found it. But sometimes, I lose it.  I am scattered, or angry, exhausted, disgusted, discouraged or afraid, and I make unhealthy choices at the kitchen table, sitting alone.

I am human. I have foibles. But I can change.

Good night.

TCOY
  1. Online morning support group [zoom].
  2. Excellent Kicking Horse coffee from Canada.
  3. Talked to Sis.
  4. Walked around block w Sug.
  5. Healthful foods: ricotta w blueberries; veggie burger; arugula salad; good, cold kosher pickle; mushrooms; fresh orange.
  6. Important talk on phone and important reading.
  7. Finally caught up with my friend Celia yesterday.
$ MONEY SPENT OUT OF POCKET Thursday/Friday/Saturday
  • Donation to WNYC/NPR pledge drive, $25.
  • By the time Thursday morning came, I thought of more things, such as a head of cauliflower and three lemons, to add to the Instacart order coming at noon--another $54.31.
  • Taco Bell, bribe to get Punch to do statistics math quiz today for school, also burritos for Dan, $29.
Total spend for 3 days: $108..31.
Ongoing monthly spend as of May 23: $2,300.02.
Avg daily spend: $100.

Still definitely high, shopping for comfort, to support small businesses and to avoid going to grocery stores--and also, stocking up on ingredients to make healthy meals.

Keep an eye on/compare to previous months:
April: Total monthly spend: $2,143.19.
Avg daily spend: $71.44.

March--the effect of coronavirus quarantine and not working in NYC for now
Total monthly spend as of March 31: $1,916.15.
Avg daily spend: $61.81.

February
Total monthly spend as of Feb. 29: $2,480.34.
Avg daily spend: $85.53.

No comments:

Post a Comment