Search This Blog

Thursday, March 14, 2024

New Yorker Film Screening in Tribeca

I drove our Toyota Camry through the Tunnel, past the Meatpacking District and over old cobblestone streets into hip Tribeca to see a movie called "Little Wing," released yesterday by the streaming service Paramount+. It is based on a New Yorker piece about a girl and her pigeons, a true story by the writer Susan Orlean (author of The Orchid Thief). I got to talk briefly to Ms. Orlean after. I plan to blog about this tomorrow. (Punch has no school for teacher conference. I aim to rise early and tackle my article, again, and then later, after other paid work, I can blog.)

I received the jolt of energy and intellectual and cultural sophistication I sought when I left New Jersey for New York City at 5 p.m. And I saw that glamorous skyline, the lights glittering in the dark like pocketfuls of white jewels suspended over a kingdom.

Good night.

7 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about the jolt of energy we get from cities (especially NYC!) and I admire you for getting out there!

    I’m also really enjoying your renewed blogging. I know it’s hard! But I read every single morning, though I don’t always comment.

    Xoxo,
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nan. How are you doing? I really like knowing that you read the blog every morning. After taking a break, I've been trying to be a bit more veiled about certain personal things (esp involving daughters) but not sure I'm succeeding. xxAlice

      Delete
    2. And Nan, I check your blog often, too. When will you put up another post? :)

      Delete
  2. I am also loving your renewed blogging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Celia, thank you. :) :) I hope we meet up soon. I didn't have time to ask you yesterday because I was working. Love to all. xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete