Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Big Light, Big Love

My Sis likes Jo Malone fragrances [from London], so that was the first counter we hit during Sniffapalooza yesterday.

A huge, beautiful white candle in a glass jar was burning there. Big as a birthday cake, and just as delicious, aroma-wise. Wait--better than sweet buttercream.

"Wow," I said to the saleswoman. "How much is it?"

"Three hundred and forty-five dollars," she said.

"Does anyone buy them?"

"All the time," she said.

Woah. Not that I wouldn't love one myself. I would. The four-wick Luxury Candle comes in Grapefruit; Lime Basil & Mandarin; Vintage Gardenia; and other beautiful scents.

And the company says it burns for 230 hours, so if I burned it once a day for an hour, that would take me from now till Thanksgiving, at a cost of $1.50 per day. I spend way more than that on a tall decaf iced mocha.

Maybe I can talk myself into this. Then again, maybe not, since it costs about as much as our monthly car payment.

Sigh. I can dream, can't I?

In the meanwhile, I'll happily settle for my little taste of Jo Malone--a black tube of SPF 15 Vitamin E Lip Conditioner [$20], which is my best friend for the moment. It has a hit of honey and a pampering feel.

Good night.

P.S. I am love, love, loving my Lovely Patchouly 55 perfume from Krigler. Tonight, I kept asking H. and Figgy to smell my wrist. It's addicting.

No comments:

Post a Comment