Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Questions from Cape Cod

Grabbed my spot at one of the Dell computers just now at the Eastham Public Library. But don't have much time, because Anne is at Great Pond with Punch and N., and that's a handful. She doesn't like the water as much as I do, so I have to get over there!

Pressing Questions:
1. First and foremost, where is my pina colada? My daiquiri? What is this with little people drinking hot cocoa and cranberry juice? And with the littlest one knocking over glasses of water?

2. Did I forget how hard it was to have a little child in your care? The trips to every bathroom possible: the portable one at Great Pond, the one at the Wellfleet marina, the one at the Chocolate Sparrow. I could tell you in detail about what kind of paper towels they have [if any], the scent of the soap [and the strange, strong cinnamon air freshener spray at the Sparrow] and other details you would not like to know. Frankly, neither would I.

3. Is there a more relaxing spot than Great Pond? I don't think so. If you can't relax here, you can't relax anywhere, said another mom to me yesterday. The breeze is so beautiful and calming. And even though I had to spend every minute making sure Punch did not drown and that N. was safe, too, I was able to relax by just breathing in the air and the tranquil view.

4. Isn't it really funny the way kids talk? Punch calls guppies gummies. And btw, no matter how many times N. and I showed her the school of fast gummies in the pond, she couldn't see them. I think I remember first seeing them when one of my siblings lent me, the little sister, a turn with one of those underwater masks.

Another lady is here who signed up for the computer. Gotta go. Smooth sailing.

1 comment:

  1. so good to hear from you; I missed your daily voice! Sounds like a hectic, but sweetly fun time. Looking forward to more observations when you return/settle down!

    ReplyDelete